This little post of randomness has quickly replaced what I used to dub Friday Randoms. It just seems to flow off the tongue better so I'm sticking with it.
I've been m.i.a a lot over the past few
Today I'll leave you with a bit of my thoughts and other randomness to tide you over
- That photo above is the only photo I got of Allen and I from Rachael's wedding on my camera. I guess I was too busy running around taking photos of everything else to manage to get another one. I loved the dress I found at Ross in a dark blue lace with pretty detail around the neck. I wore a brooch my Gramma had given me in 2011 that I also wore the day of her funeral. Allen made quite the handsome usher and we were so honored for him to be chosen by Adam. He and Adam share a love of beer and having a good laugh so they get along famously. After having all Adam's british family in Texas for the week I think Allen is now entertaining the idea to actually take a trip to visit them in the UK! Stay tuned for if we are actually able to pull that off!
- Honey went in for surgery yesterday after having a heart scan (official name of the scan has vanished from my mind) that showed he had more damage than they originally thought and he was supposed to have had a stint put in however they found that the artery they were going to work on was 99% blocked and has probably been that way for 10-15 years. They also found that his body has naturally built up two veins around that artery that have kept blood pumping to that section of his heart to keep it working correctly. It's amazing how our bodies work! So they decided not to go through with the stint because they could cause more damage that's unnecessary. He was kept overnight on his back the whole time :( but is being released today and will have a follow up with his doctor to start a new medicine routine for the future. The doctor did say that his heart otherwise looks pretty great for an 82 years young man.
- I'm going home again this weekend (3 in a row - I just hope my family appreciates how much gas money I spend to see them!) to spend time with my Dad for his birthday and hopefully see Allen's Grandma for hers. My dad has never been to Top Golf and since we have such a blast playing, we decided it would be a great get together. Of course we will do dinner and cake as well but I just hate missing birthdays so I'm making it a priority to be there. Allen's Grandma is a St. Patty's day baby and I know they are all getting together for her first birthday living back in Texas. I hope to be able to spend some time with all of them while I'm in town.
- Allen is scheduled to have surgery on his thumb on Tuesday since they've found that he completely tore the ligament in his thumb in the car accident he was in, in January. He will have an artificial ligament surgically implanted and will be in a cast for approximately 90 days. He's not looking forward to this since now he will for sure be limited in the tasks he can complete at work, etc. I'm not looking forward to this as well since he's going to be in even more pain for awhile and I hate that for him. We are so appreciative of the support we've gotten from a couple special family members who've helped us with the financial part of this surgery since Allen and I don't have medical insurance and we've had to pay for everything up front and out of pocket. When we finally get his settlement, hopefully later this year, we will be paying back all that was loaned.
- On another note about his accident; it's been such a hassle the past two months having to deal with all this insurance crap and especially with the other lady's insurance, Geico. They're trying to fight it saying that the accident was Allen's fault when their insured party was the one who didn't yield to make a left turn at a green light that he had the right of way on and was going straight. She was given a ticket by the responding police officer and there was even a witness who gave a full report of what happened. Insurance companies are so frustrating and we are lucky that through all of this we have been able to claim it with Allen's insurance so we could use his PIP to help us with medical bills. We would have been out quite a bit of money that we honestly don't have if it weren't for that. So now, not only do we have our lawyer fighting Geico but we also have our insurance fighting them as well to reimburse them on what we've had to claim so far. I just hope that we can get through his surgery and get a settlement in the works before this year is halfway over.
So with all that said, I'm going to go fix myself another coffee, do some laundry and get my bag repacked for another weekend away. Happy Thursday y'all!